Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rearview Mirror: The Rosebuds

So I had this idea for a reoccurring feature here at A Better Offer. I think we should take the time to hear where our featured artist(s) have been. We'll take a trip back to their older music... So I have gotten permission from the Rosebuds and Merge to post the following two tracks from the Rosebuds catalog. They will only be available through Saturday, so make sure to get them while you can.

(MP3)The Rosebuds--El Camino. (LINK REMOVED) From the Unwind EP. Released April 2005. This is the song that sold me on the Rosebuds and their music. It was not the first song I heard, but there was a moment when I said to myself, Man these guys are amazing. I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do. You can purchase the EP from Merge records here.

(MP3)The Rosebuds--Hold Hands and Fight. (LINK REMOVED) From the Birds Make Good Neighbors LP. Released September 2005. If you've never heard this track, please do yourself a favor and download immediately. Then go buy the outstanding sophomore record from the Rosebuds here. This is pop brilliance at its best with some of the most outstanding lyrics ever written. And you can hear two other tracks (Shake our Tree and Leaves Do Fall) from this record on Shifted Sound Episode 52.

And don't forget about the contest. We have 3 signed posters and 1 signed cd to give away. Simply send an email to thetwomirrors@yahoo.com with the subject "Rosebuds Giveaway" and we will announce the three winners on Saturday.

No comments: